Italian Excursion Guided Tours (Slow travel/Small groups)
Do you dream of a time when you can just leave your routine life behind for a bit and “be Italian for awhile”? Do you have visions of lush, green countryside, dotted with wildflowers, vineyards and olive trees? Can you imagine the special varietals of wines paired with delightful dishes made with just- picked freshness? Italian Excursion will escort you for a week or more to the Italian countryside, off the beaten path in comfort and style. You will visit hidden iconic jewels of Italy in out of the way destinations, unique in character and atmosphere.
It is common knowledge that travel educates the mind and soul. We also believe that the sort of travel you will experience on an Italian Excursion tour is a way to peace and understanding in a more global sense. See our photo gallery for some stunning photos of past tours. Use your creative side to enjoy Italy at its best. Italian Excursion offers small group tours that are not just memorable, but full of life, creativity and authenticity. The food, wine tours, cooking classes, camaraderie, morning yoga, hidden archeology sites and artistic treasures that Italian Excursion included in your adventure will leave you with more than just a trip to Italy with many great photos. Give your loved one the gift of travel. See what is scheduled for 2016 with special guests:
Dr. Diana Hoppe, A taste of Tuscany: (http://www.drdianahoppe.com), May 2016.
Soul Collage and Tarot with Jeanette Reynolds, May 2016
(Jeanette will lead us through Niki de Saint Phalle’s Tarot Sculpture Garden near Capalbio, Italy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4croz92c5VE. Thank you Linda Marson for this beautiful video).
Give yourself or a loved one a gift that stays in the heart & memory a long after returning home. Discover why this ancient culture is so popular with travelers. Uncover your own connection to the past which lives on today in this lovely, simple way of living. This is the kind of trip you will want to share with your family and loved ones, closest friends or business groups. A time to hone your photographic, sketching, culinary or tasting skills. If your dates don’t work with our tour dates, ask about a customized tour for 2-10 guests.
Most groups are limited to 10 for the purpose of maximizing everyone’s comfort and enjoyment. See our sample itinerary.
Price includes: lodging for one week, ground transportation from meeting point, once you reach us from the airport, all breakfast meals, all or most meals (depending on tour level which may include all meals), daily guided tours, 24 hour travel support during the tour, entrance fees, 3 hours of trip planning guidance. (If you are a member of www.slowtrav.com, www.sloweurope.com or a returning guest you are entitled to a discount).
Not Included, unless special arrangements are made: Airfare, airport transfers, travel insurance, gratuities, extracurricular shopping.
Italian Excursion Vacation Features
- Caring, experienced guides (24/7), concerned about your comfort and safety.
- Country living with ensuite accommodations in a beautiful villa for the week.
- Daily trips to local sites that reflect the art and culture of this region, with an expert guide.
- Wine tasting/food pairings and viniculture education. (Often partnering with www.gustowinetours.com)
- A visit to Italy’s largest, cleanest volcanic lake, Bolsena, where the medieval castle still stands.
- A visit to an ancient Etruscan village over 3000 years old, Civita d’ Bagnoregio.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsTVjRpgQQ)
- Museums housing Etruscan and Roman artifacts.
- The Grand Cathedral in Orvieto and the finest shopping in the area (www.orvietoviva.com/en/)
- Leisure time for exploring your own interests.
- Morning yoga and stretching sessions (optional).
- Would you like to hike in the woods, study Italian cooking with an expert, take simple language lessons, go mushroom hunting, grape harvesting, learn journal making, or spend time wandering in some of Italy’s hidden gardens?
- For more information contact us at email@example.com or Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or, 760.470.8852.