Italian Excursion Guided Tours (Slow travel/Small groups)
Old World Italy! A time when life was a bit simpler, a lot slower and so full of promise. Do you have visions of lush, green countryside, dotted with wildflowers, vineyards and olive trees? Can you imagine the special varietals of wines paired with delightful dishes made with just- picked freshness? Italian Excursion will escort you for a week or more to the Italian countryside, off the beaten path in comfort and style. You will visit hidden iconic jewels of Italy in out of the way destinations, unique in character and atmosphere. Old World Italian life is still available when you leave the hustle and bustle of the city.
It is common knowledge that travel educates the mind and soul. We also believe that the sort of travel you will experience on an Italian Excursion tour is a way to peace and understanding in a more global sense. See our photo gallery for some stunning photos of past tours. Use your creative side to enjoy Italy at its best. Italian Excursion offers small group tours that are not just memorable, but full of life, creativity and authenticity. The food, wine tours, cooking classes, camaraderie, morning yoga, hidden archaeology sites and artistic treasures that Italian Excursion included in your adventure will leave you with more than just a trip to Italy with many great photos. Give yourself the gift of travel. See what is scheduled for 2017 & 2018 with special guests:
Ask about our Winter Jazz Tour to Orvieto! Late December, 2017 through New Year’s, 2018.
Announcing 2017 Tours:
Spring forward with Yoga in Italy led by Tia Lanzetta! October 5-12, 2017
Health & Wellness in SICILY, with Dr. Diana Hoppe! May, 2018
Food & Wine with focus on artisan producers! September 26-October 3, 2017
Winter Jazz Tour to Orvieto! Late December, 2017 through New Year’s, 2018.
With only a few, small group, exclusive tours offered each year, they fill up fast, so reserve your spot now!
Most groups are limited to 10 for the purpose of maximizing everyone’s comfort and enjoyment. See our sample itinerary.
Price includes: lodging for one week, ground transportation from meeting point, once you reach us from the airport, all breakfast meals, all or most meals (depending on tour level which may include all meals), daily guided tours, 24 hour travel support during the tour, entrance fees, 3 hours of trip planning guidance. (If you are a member of www.sloweurope.com or a returning guest you are entitled to a discount).
Not Included, unless special arrangements are made: Airfare, airport transfers, travel insurance, gratuities, extracurricular shopping.
Italian Excursion Vacation Features
- Caring, experienced guides (24/7), concerned about your comfort and safety.
- Country living with ensuite accommodations in a beautiful villa for the week.
- Daily trips to local sites that reflect the art and culture of this region, with an expert guide.
- Wine tasting/food pairings and viticulture education. ( Fancy a day with www.gustowinetours.com)?
- A visit to Italy’s largest, cleanest volcanic lake, Bolsena, where the medieval castle still stands.
- A visit to an ancient Etruscan village over 3000 years old, Civita d’ Bagnoregio.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsTVjRpgQQ)
- Museums housing Etruscan and Roman artifacts.
- The Grand Cathedral in Orvieto and the finest shopping in the area (www.orvietoviva.com/en/)
- Leisure time for exploring your own interests.
- Morning yoga and stretching sessions (optional).
- Would you like to hike in the woods, study Italian cooking with an expert, take simple language lessons, go mushroom hunting, grape harvesting, hone your artistic skills, or spend time wandering in some of Italy’s hidden gardens?
- For more information contact us at email@example.com or call 760.470.8852.