Sign Up Now for Our 2015 May Tour in Tuscany
Italian Excursion Guided Tours (Slow travel/Small groups)
Have you ever longed for the feeling of living in the Italian countryside? Do you dream of a time when you can just leave your routine life behind for a bit and “be Italian for awhile”? Do you have visions of lush, green countryside, dotted with wildflowers, vineyards and olive trees? Can you imagine the special varietals of wines paired with delightful dishes made with just- picked freshness? Italian Excursion will escort you for a week or more to the Italian countryside, off the beaten path in comfort and style, in a leisurely manner (slow travel). You will visit hidden iconic jewels of Italy in out of the way destinations, unique in character and atmosphere.
Check out our May tour to Tuscany & Umbria! There are still a few spots left on this trip and look where we will be staying for the week: http://www.sanmartino.co.uk/index.html. This Italian villa will convince you that luxury is affordable and that you are special! And as a special bonus, you will get single occupancy at double occupancy prices! Your own beautiful room & bath in a beautiful villa because we are limiting the number of guests on this tour for your enjoyment!
Take a trip unlike any other to a region of Italy that is less frequently traveled, yet rich in all that this extraordinary country has to offer. Umbria and Lazio are unexplored, extremely interesting regions that still maintain a feeling that they are untouched by time. Small wine and food producers abound in these areas and we are privileged to be able to know some of them, making visits to sample their products.
It is common knowledge that travel educates the mind and soul. We also believe that the sort of travel you will experience on an Italian Excursion tour is a way to peace and understanding in a more global sense. See our photo gallery for some stunning photos of past tours. Use your creative side to enjoy Italy at its best. Italian Excursion offers small group tours that are not just memorable, but full of life, creativity and authenticity. The food, wine tours, cooking classes, camaraderie, morning yoga, hidden archeology sites and artistic treasures that Italian Excursion included in your adventure will leave you with more than just a trip to Italy with many great photos.
Dr. Diana Hoppe, A Taste of Tuscany: Wine & Food Tour
Give yourself or a loved one a gift that stays in the heart & memory a long after returning home. Discover why this ancient culture is so popular with travelers. Uncover your own connection to the past which lives on today in this lovely, simple way of living. This is the kind of trip you will want to share with your family and loved ones, closest friends or business groups. A time to hone your photographic, sketching, culinary or tasting skills. If your dates don’t work with our tour dates, ask about a customized tour for 2-10 guests.
Most groups are limited to 10 for the purpose of maximizing everyone’s comfort and enjoyment. See our sample itinerary.
Price includes: lodging for one week, ground transportation from meeting point, once you reach us from the airport, all breakfast meals, all or most meals (depending on tour level which may include all meals), daily guided tours, 24 hour travel support during the tour, entrance fees, 3 hours of trip planning guidance. (If you are a member of www.slowtrav.com, www.sloweurope.com or a returning guest you are entitled to a discount).
Not Included, unless special arrangements are made: Airfare, airport transfers, travel insurance, gratuities, extracurricular shopping.
Italian Excursion Vacation Features
- Caring, experienced guides (24/7), concerned about your comfort and safety.
- Country living with ensuite accommodations in villas, boutique hotels, B & B’s.
- Daily trips to local sites that reflect the art and culture of this region, with an expert guide.
- Wine tasting/food pairings and viniculture education. (partnering with www.gustowinetours.com)
- A visit to Italy’s largest, cleanest volcanic lake, Bolsena, where the medieval castle still stands.
- A visit to an ancient Etruscan village nearly 4000 years old, Civita d’ Bagnoregio.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsTVjRpgQQ)
- Museums housing Etruscan and Roman artifacts.
- The Grand Cathedral in Orvieto and the finest shopping in the area (www.orvietoviva.com/en/)
- Leisure time for exploring your own interests.
- Morning yoga and stretching sessions (optional).
- Would you like to hike in the woods, study Italian cooking with an expert, take simple language lessons, go mushroom hunting, grape harvesting, learn journal making, or spend time wandering in some of Italy’s hidden gardens?
- For more information contact us at Cheryl.email@example.com or, 760.470.8852.