Italian Excursion Guided Tours (Slow travel/Small groups)
Old World Italy! A time when life was a bit simpler, a lot slower and so full of promise. Do you have visions of lush, green countryside, dotted with wildflowers, vineyards and olive trees? Can you imagine the special varietals of wines paired with delightful dishes made with just- picked freshness? Italian Excursion will escort you for a week or more to the Italian countryside, off the beaten path in comfort and style. You will visit hidden iconic jewels of Italy in out of the way destinations, unique in character and atmosphere. Old World Italian life is still available when you leave the hustle and bustle of the city. We support the small artisan producers and their quest for sustainability.
It is common knowledge that travel educates the mind and soul. We also believe that the sort of travel you will experience on an Italian Excursion tour is a way to peace and understanding in a more global sense. See our photo gallery for some stunning photos of past tours. Use your creative side to enjoy Italy at its best. Italian Excursion offers small group tours that are not just memorable, but full of life, creativity and authenticity. The food, wine tours, cooking classes, camaraderie, morning yoga, hidden archaeology sites and artistic treasures that Italian Excursion includes in your adventure will leave you with more than just a trip to Italy with many great photos. Give yourself the gift of travel. See what is scheduled for 2017 & 2018:
Ask about our Winter Jazz Tour to Orvieto (5 days)! Late December, 2017 through New Year’s, 2018. SOLD OUT!
TOURS IN 2018: New Price=$4300 for 11 days!
Tastes & Textiles with Erica Jarman of Sapori e Saperi, Artisan tours! May 12-22, 2018 http://www.sapori-e-saperi.com. Erica lives in the Tuscan hills full time, offering courses in cheese-making, salumi-making, bread and gelato tours for the hobbyist as well as the professional; a true taste of small production artisan specialties. And her interest in textiles has sparked some of the most exciting visits to small, family run mills and factories. Join us for a very special small group tour which will take you to Tuscany, Umbria and Le Marche regions. You will feel like an Italian by the end of this unique tour. Cost, all inclusive (except airfare, travel insurance, personal shopping) $4300!
Discover the Fine Dining & Wines of Umbria: October 7-14, 2018 OR October 14-21, 2018
Umbria and Tuscany: Experience what makes Italy so special! The art of food, wine, ceramics and textiles. These arts are intertwined with all that make this country rich as they have been handed down for generations and preserved for modern day enjoyment. A week in the Italian countryside will relax and inspire you. A true vacation that is taken in the style of “slow” that the Italians have honed to a fine art, in itself. Slow travel, slow food, slow down and live like an Italian!
With only a few, small group, exclusive tours offered each year, they fill up fast, so reserve your spot now! We aren’t interested in bigger or more, just quality.
Most groups are limited to 8 for the purpose of maximizing everyone’s comfort and enjoyment. See our sample itinerary.
Price includes: lodging for one week, ground transportation from meeting point, once you reach us from the airport, all breakfast meals, all or most meals (depending on tour level which may include all meals), daily guided tours, 24 hour travel support during the tour, entrance fees, 3 hours of trip planning guidance. (If you are a member of www.sloweurope.com or a returning guest you are entitled to a discount).
Not Included, unless special arrangements are made: Airfare, airport transfers, travel insurance, gratuities, extracurricular shopping.
Italian Excursion Vacation Features
- Caring, experienced guides (24/7), concerned about your comfort and safety.
- Country living with ensuite accommodations in a beautiful villa or B & B for the week.
- Daily trips to local sites that reflect the art and culture of this region, with an expert guide.
- Wine tasting/food pairings and viticulture education. (Fancy a day with www.gustowinetours.com)
- A visit to Italy’s largest, cleanest volcanic lake, Bolsena, where the medieval castle still stands.
- A visit to an ancient Etruscan village over 3000 years old, Civita d’ Bagnoregio.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWsTVjRpgQQ)
- Museums housing Etruscan and Roman artifacts.
- The Grand Cathedral in Orvieto and the finest shopping in the area (www.orvietoviva.com/en/)
- Leisure time for exploring your own interests.
- Morning yoga and stretching sessions (optional).
- Would you like to hike in the woods, study Italian cooking with an expert, make cheese, take simple language lessons, go mushroom hunting, grape harvesting, hone your artistic skills, or spend time wandering in some of Italy’s hidden gardens?
- For more information contact us at email@example.com or call 760.470.8852.