Italian Excursion Guided Tours (Slow travel/Small groups)
Have you ever longed for the feeling of living in the Italian countryside? Do you dream of a time when you can just leave your routine life behind for a bit and “be Italian for awhile”? Do you have visions of lush, green countryside, dotted with wildflowers, vineyards and olive trees? Can you imagine the special varietals of wines paired with delightful dishes made with just- picked freshness? Italian Excursion will escort you for a week or more to the Italian countryside, off the beaten path in comfort and style. You will visit hidden iconic jewels of Italy in out of the way destinations, unique in character and atmosphere.
Take a trip unlike any other to a region of Italy that is less frequently traveled, yet rich in all that this extraordinary country has to offer. Umbria and Lazio are unexplored, extremely interesting regions that still maintain a feeling that they are untouched by time. Small wine and food producers abound in these areas and we are privileged to be able to know some of them, making visits to sample their products.
It is common knowledge that travel educates the mind and soul. We also believe that the sort of travel you will experience on an Italian Excursion tour is a way to peace and understanding in a more global sense. See our photo gallery for some stunning photos of past tours.
Use your creative side to enjoy Italy at its best. Italian Excursion offers small group tours that are not just memorable, but full of life, creativity and authenticity. The food, winery tours, cooking classes, camaraderie, morning yoga, hidden archeology sites and artistic treasures that Italian Excursion included in your adventure will leave you with more than just a trip to Italy with many great photos.
Give yourself a gift that stays in your heart long after you return home and moves you to visit again. Discover why this ancient culture is so popular with travelers. Uncover your own connection to the past which lives on today in this lovely, simple way of living. This is the kind of trip you will want to share with your family and loved ones, closest friends or business groups. A time to hone your photographic, sketching, culinary or tasting skills. If your dates don’t work with our tour dates, ask about a customized tour for 2-10 guests. Our reasonable rates won’t break the bank!
Most groups are limited to 10 for the purpose of maximizing everyone’s comfort and enjoyment. See our sample itinerary.
Price includes: lodging for one week, ground transportation from meeting point, once you reach us from the airport, all breakfast meals, some main meals (depending on tour level which may include all meals), daily guided tours, 24 hour travel support during the tour, entrance fees, 3-5 hours of trip planning guidance.
Not Included, unless special arrangements are made: Airfare, airport transfers, some lunches/dinners (depending on tour level), travel insurance, gratuities, extracurricular shopping.
We are prepared to help you with pre and post tour travel and air arrangements, through our concierge service.
Italian Excursion Vacation Features
- Caring, experienced guides, concerned about your comfort and safety.
- Country living with ensuite accommodations.
- Daily trips to local sites that reflect the art and culture of this region, with an expert guide.
- Wine tasting/food pairings and viniculture education.
- A visit to Italy’s largest, cleanest volcanic lake, Bolsena, where the medieval castle still stands.
- A visit to an ancient Etruscan village nearly 4000 years old.
- Museums housing Etruscan and Roman artifacts.
- The Grand Cathedral in Orvieto and the finest shopping in the area.
- Leisure time for exploring your own interests.
- Morning yoga and stretching sessions.
- Would you like to hike in the woods, study Italian cooking with an expert, take simple language lessons, go mushroom hunting, grape harvesting, learn journal making, or spend time wandering in some of Italy’s hidden gardens?
- For more information contact us at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.448.5920 or 760.470.8852. Our tours for 2014 have just been announced.