Italian Excursion Guided Tours (“Slow Travel”)
Small Group Tours to the Italian Countryside
Experience an unforgettable week in the Italian countryside. Take a trip unlike any other to a region of Italy that is less frequently traveled, yet rich in all that this extraordinary country has to offer. Spend time in the country living like the Italians, attuned to their rhythm of La Dolce Vita, which is slow and relaxed. Visit our photo gallery to see some of the stunning photos of past tours.
Use your creative side to enjoy Italy at its best. Italian Excursion offers small group tours that are not just memorable, but full of life, creativity and authenticity. The food, winery tours, cooking classes, camaraderie, hidden archeology sites and artistic treasures that Italian Excursion includes in your adventure will leave you with more than just a trip to Italy with lots of great photos. You will take home a cultural experience that lives on in your own life and touches you deeply. Italian Excursion guides will show you an Italy that is ecologically aware, has a rich, spiritual history, honors creativity in all its forms and is not in a hurry!
Give yourself a gift that stays in your heartlong after you return home and moves you to visit again. Discover why this ancient culture is so popular with travelers. Uncover your own connection to the past which lives on today in this lovely, simple way of living. This is the kind of trip you will want to share with your family, closest friends or business groups. A time to hone your photographic, sketching, culinary or tasting skills. Let Italian Excursion host your next Italian adventure…
If you love traveling and exploring Italy, and are tired of seeing the same old, crowded sights, this trip is for you. Most groups are limited to 10 for the purpose of maximizing everyone’s comfort and enjoyment. See our sample itinerary.
Price includes: lodging for one week, ground transportation from meeting point, once you reach us from the airport, all breakfast meals, some main meals (depending on tour level which may include all meals), daily guided tours, 24 hour travel support during the tour, entrance fees, 3-5 hours of trip planning guidance.
Not Included, unless special arrangements are made: Airfare, airport transfers, some lunches/dinners (depending on tour level), travel insurance, gratuities, extracurricular shopping.
We are prepared to help you with pre and post tour travel and air arrangements, through our concierge service.
Italian Excursion Vacation Features
- Caring, experienced guides, concerned about your comfort and safety.
- Country living with ensuite accommodations.
- Daily trips to local sites that reflect the art and culture of this region, with an expert guide.
- Wine tasting/food pairings.
- A visit to Italy’s largest, cleanest volcanic lake, Bolsena, where the medieval castle still stands.
- A visit to an ancient Etruscan village nearly 4000 years old.
- Museums housing Etruscan and Roman artifacts.
- The Grand Cathedral in Orvieto and the finest shopping in the area.
- Leisure time for exploring your own interests.
- Would you like to hike in the woods, study Italian cooking with an expert, take simple language lessons, go mushroom hunting, grape harvesting, learn journal making, or spend time wandering in some of Italy’s hidden gardens?
- For more information contact us at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.448.5920